Monday, April 19, 2010

Voice modem fun

Now that the server was moved to physical hardware I was able to work on the voice modem setup.  I ran the Voice Modem setup from the server and clicked through the informational screens.  When I ran the test, I entered a phone number to dial, clicked ok and then.... Nothing.

I tried a few things, re-read the wiki and searched the forums.  I submitted a ticket and got a response today that said "This is a known issue that has been reported to development and should be fixed in the next release".

Then I got another email stating that the ticket was being closed because my issue was resolved.

So I replied to the ticket asking if the "next" version meant v3.0 (next major release) and also asked for clarification as to the bug being with the testing of the voice modem or the operation of it entirely.

I hope that they just mean the testing part *or* they are talking about a dot release which might be out sooner.

1 comment:

  1. I received clarification on when the fix would be available. It is slated for the 3.0 release which is expected "soon". I would have liked to mess with this but in reality we have so much else to do that the wait really won't matter.

    Also, Kevin Gibson gave me a great suggestion about using the cdyne service to make voice alert calls. I may try that.

    ReplyDelete