Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Server setup

Based on our pre-purchase testing (and the documentation), we determined that the we should be fine utilizing one of our existing Hyper-V servers to host our LT server. For perspectve, our existing K server is a Dell PE2850 Quad-Xeon x2, 16GB RAM, RAID 10 array with 6x15K drives. For our initial LT server we will have a single (virtual) processor and 4GB RAM.

I created a new Windows 2003 server hosted on our Hyper-V server and ensured we were fully patched. I installed IIS and SMTP services and then ran windows updates again.

After taking care of a few other prerequisits, I downloaded the LT Server installer 2.5i and launched the install.

So far I have a couple hours of time invested (on and off).

I am going to have a few beers and read a little more documentation then revisit this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment