Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Post update non-issue

After we updated to 2010 we noticed that 9 of the 100 test servers were not showing on-line (but they were checking in and accessible).  We determined that the agent had not auto-updated from 0.835 to 30.917 on those machines.  I contacted support and they had me try a couple things then asked for me to submit the lterrors.txt file from one of the servers.  A few hours later Matt from support asked me to verify that at minimum, .NET 2.0 was installed on one of the affected servers.  I checked and found that in fact it was NOT installed.  I installed .NET 2.0 and forced the agent update.  Guess what, it updated!

So the lesson here is that when they say that .NET 2.0 is required, they mean that .NET 2.0 is required.

I am not sure, but I guess that the agent installer does not warn you, or require you to have .NET installed first.  That would be a nice dummy check for them to add to the installer.

DW

No comments:

Post a Comment