Thursday, May 13, 2010

SNMP Traps - Stuck

I thought I was home free on the SNMP Traps, but it turns out that I might have been a little too optimistic.  The initial success of having alerts when an SNMP trap was sent turned out to be less than I had hoped.  After I got those first few alerts I thought we were home free.  I put that aside for a few days and revisited it last night.  What I now realize is that all it is telling me is that the probe received a trap and that is it except for a number that appears to be a sequential number of some sort (serialized??).

To make matters worse, I was getting a pile of these alerts via email, so I decided to remove the SNMP setting for now, but I am still getting alert emails.

I will grant the fact that I am on a release candidate of LT2010, so the possibility of a bug is certainly a reality.  I am waiting to talk to LT support about it some more.

DW

No comments:

Post a Comment