Thursday, May 20, 2010

Scripts and permissions

During a quick training session with a couple techs I found out that they could not execute/schedule scripts.  I checked permissions on the users, groups, clients, etc, but couldn't find anything that would allow them to execute a script.  I sent it to LT support and they requested a screenshot of the user permissions. 

About an hour later I got a call from Kevin to review this.  He found the issue in the persissions for the individual scripts.  The one place I didn't look was *in* the script.  Each script has edit and execute permissions and since we had made some significant changes/additions to the security groups structure, the groups were not in the scripts.

Now I just need to either use one of the security roles that already existed (and add it to the techs) or add the tech security roles to the scripts.  I haven't decided which way to go yet.

So remember that the security for each script is *in* the script.  The ability to execute/schedule scripts (at all) is in the user/group security.

DW

No comments:

Post a Comment