Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Connectwise ticket integration

Last week I worked on getting the CW ticketing integration finished.  I had already setup most of what was needed when I setup the ConnectWise Plug-in to do the client imports, but there were still a few items to finish up.

My first couple tests were not successful so I submitted a ticket explaining how I tested and that no ticket had been created in CW.  Support asked for some additional information and said that it looked fine so they wanted to schedule a time to get on our system to investigate.  The next day I tried to import another client and couldn't locate them in the list to import.  In the past when that has happened, it was caused by not having the customer type set to match our plug-in filter setting and that was the case with this one.  Seeing that made me think that my ticketing issue could be related as my test was on an alert for our test company, not an actual client.  I tried creating a ticket from a 'real' alert and the ticket was created in CW instantly!

So, my take away on this is that the customer type filter setting in the plug-in is for more than just importing.  It seems to control the scope of what the plug-in will see which now makes perfect sense.

DW

No comments:

Post a Comment